News Update :

Crowdsourcing: What is this?

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My attention on the potential of crowds as business asset dates back to 2005 when I read the book of James Surowiecki "The Wisdom of Crowds" . (Visitors of this blog have also read about this subject here.) My interest in Crowdsourcing has been increasing ever since and Crowdsourcing has become one of the standard elements of my model (where I describe it as "Tapping Customer Crestivity) outlining the role of the Social Media as marketing tools. One of my recent research projects is an effort to understand the origins and limits of Crowdsourcing by means of a thorough literature review in cooperation with one of my graduating students. A working paper will be hopefully available in spring.
For those who would like to have a taste of what crowdsourcing is all about I advise the Crowdsourcing Examples blog and an introductory video by Jeff Howe, journalist of the WIRED Magazine, and author of the book Crowdsourcing: Why the Power of the Crowd Is Driving the Future of Business

Share this Article on :

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

© Copyright social media marketing 2012 | Social Media Optimization, Beginner's Guide 2010 -2011 | Design by social-media-marketing-2012 | Published by social-media-marketing-2012 | Powered by Blogger.com.